Monday, July 10, 2006

Summer Part II


I spent the week with my little brother in Turkey, mostly in Istanbul & Ankara. Ankara is well described as the “Albany” of Turkey, not very much to see or do there. However, I was there with my former roommate from NY, so I got to experience it not as a tourist but as a local “Ankarali”.

As for Istanbul, it is a very interesting combination of the Middle East and Eastern Europe. I felt as though I should be speaking more Arabic, while drinking coffee, smoking shesha, and visiting mosques, yet very few people there speak Arabic (not surprising really, considering that they are not Arab but Turk).

All in all I had good time, enjoying good coffee, markets and Turkish bath-houses (an admirable Roman legacy).

As always, here are some picts….
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fox_sipa/album?.dir=/7106scd&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,57%3af,0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home