Friday, October 27, 2006

A friendly visit

Earlier this week I received a surprise visit from Shiri, a friend from Israel and former classmate. She was in the Southasian neighborhood and decided to see what Singapore is all about. It would seem that my blog has contributed to the increase of tourism to Singapore, at least by one.

We Started with the Asian Heritage museum, where Shiri and Mailan took over the children’s inactive corner, and had fun dressing up.





At the museum, I found proof for something that I have always known to be true, I am Asian. Where in Asia you ask? Well this map clearly shows that I’m from West Asia. Makes sense, if there is East Asia, South Asia, why not West Asia? So that’s now settled.






The next day we went to Sentosa Island, and checked out the Butterfly & Insect museum.


All in all we had a great time, adding a little fun and perspective to my otherwise dreary student life. I’ve got 5 weeks left here, so if your planning a visit make it quick!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home