Monday, July 17, 2006

News from the front

Today I went up to northern Israel, to investigate the effects of Hezbollah shelling of Israel. I think it is important to state from the beginning, that while I may by physically on the Israeli side, it does not mean that I blindly support this side or another.

The human tragedy is at the core of these events and my reflections. I do not whish to get into a debate of whose fault this tragedy is, since I believe all sides are at fault, but rather describe what I see. As usual, the victims are those held hostage and manipulated by external powers. By sharing my experiences I hope to show the human suffering behind the stories we read in the media.

I learned that a fellow SIPA student is in Beirut, with his own Blog, it out for the story from the oter side.






Houses hit by Katusha in the town of Nahria



A car hit by a nearby Katusha in the town of Nahria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home