Saturday, November 18, 2006

Home away from home away from home

As some of you know, I made a brief trip back to New York earlier this week. When I say brief, I mean my stay, not the arduous 22 hour flight there and back. As much as I like Asia, it really is far… oh well, a small price to pay.

While the official purpose of the journey was a fellowship interview (went well I think, but no news yet), the real purpose was to eat. The highlight was definitely the porterhouse stakes at Barry & Judy’s, my lovely adoptive semi-family in NY. The close second was Katz’s pastrami, both reasons I’m proud to be a carnivore. Even the Dali Lama eats meat once in a while, so I think my Karma will go gently on me, especially since I even brought back a pastrami (and half-sour pickles) back with me to Singapore for my friend to enjoy as well (which she did…)



Before..

After...

Pastrami goodness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home