Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Break (yeah…)

As anyone who watches MTV must surely know, American universities are in the midst of Spring Break madness. Yet I found myself abandoned by my SIPA friends in New York (whimper). They all went to visit their families, travel, or went off researching a school project (i.e. travel, with Columbia footing the bill).

Faced with abandonment, potential boredom, and dry T-shirts, I had only one choice: import more friends. As luck would have it, my good friend Danni was scheduled to be in the US on business, and after minimal persuasion, he agreed to join me on a ski trip to Canada. We rented a car in NY, and then made the long drive up to Mont Tremblant in Québec (9 hours). The site is deemed to be home to the best skiing and boarding in the North East, and didn’t disappoint….

View Mont Tremblant (sorry its shakey, I was actualey bording during filming...)


Danni’s camera ran out of batteries on the 1st day, so most of the picts and vids were all taken on my phone. While the quality isn’t always great, I think the great vibe still comes through…

me @ Mont Tremblant



The 1st day there was a little cloudy, but the snow was perfect and powdery, the slopes long winding, and the après ski indulging….

Après ski... the justification behind all the effort


After 2 days of snow boarding, fine dining, and yes, a few drinks, I am well prepared to face the rest of this week in NYC. St. Patrick ’s Day is this weekend to I imagine it wont be all that hard ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It seems you enjoy the snow, the food and drinks. Wow how I wish I could do that too.

- Plateau Natura

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home