Friday, July 21, 2006

recent events...

For the past few days I have been all over northern Israel, visiting katusha hit sites, talking to victims, hospital staff and emergency services. We have seen the missiles drop, heard the explosions next to us, and sat in the shelters.

While visiting a locale NGO, I met an intern from the US, who told me that her school, which is funding here internship, has requested her to leave Israel, since they deem it to be too dangerous. I asked her where she goes to school, and she replied Columbia law school. This surprised me, since I’m also am getting funding from Columbia… they probably don’t read my blog and have no idea what I’m up to ;)

In the good-news department, I got emails from my friends in Lebanon, who have all made it out safely. I have received several emails asking if I’m worried I will be called up for reserve duty. You can all rest at ease, I’m not worried. I seriously doubt the IDF needs me or even wants me anymore…. Anyways, what I’m doing for HRW is more dangerous, chasing missiles like a nutter.

I became a little concerned at one site, when I noticed that the journalists and rescue workers all had helmets and flack-jackets on, and there I am, with sunglasses and a camera. Oh well…

Here are some picts from the events:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home