Thursday, August 07, 2008

What’s up Beaches??

I have been meaning to update in a while, but, as usual got distracted. With what you ask? Besides work work work, I also happen to be conveniently situated near some of the greatest beaches in the world. I may be making peanuts, but in Thailand I am the monkey-king, swinging from beach to beach…


Three weeks ago I went to Kho Phangan with friends from the US. It was a long weekend & a Full-Moon, which meant party time. The 12 hour ride down from Bangkok was a bit harry, especially the part with the driver falling asleep and swerving into a ditch… but we were all alright, and the damage was only a flat tire. The more you travel, the more you discover that there is only a fine line between a funny story to tell later and death. Death aside, the trip was worth it, full moon a lot of fun, and banna roti (kinda like a pancake) amazing.


Last weekend, my co-workers (Manuel & Aoi) and I decided to investigate the closest beach to Bngkok, Kho Sammet, a mere 4 hours away. I charged up the battery on my camera, but forgot to take it with me. Lucky for me, cause now my friends were taking picts, and I got a bunch of good ones of me.



All things considered, I think I found my beach. Sammet is near Bangkok, easy access, beautiful beach, diverse crowds, fruit shacks, and banna pancakes galore. Ahhhhhh paradise. This beach adventure was much more chilled, no parties, no drama. Just Mauel and I drinking with the barman until 2 am…


Here are a tone of picts & videos. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them.





that is me doing the fire-balls....














on the way to Kho Sammed






someone may be hung-over in Sammet...







but i'm not!!












It's all about the Mango-Shakes!!!










....on the way back from Kho Sammet








on the way back from Kho Phangan










Pure Vide!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hanna Styles said...

Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach :D


Hanna@Haus Immobilier

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home