Friday, December 22, 2006

On the road again

You may have noticed that I have dropped of the web recently. No I haven’t been arrested or anything like that. I am happy to report that I have left Singapore and am now on my last rounds through South East Asia.

I started with a week in Thailand, a few days in Bangkok followed by some much deserved Beach time (a real beach, not like the fake ones in S`pore).

I am now in Laos, in the northern town of Luang Prabong. I went on a wonderful 2 day trek to nearby villagers, and stayed the night in one. They were amazing people, though and happy with there lives. I couldn’t help but feel like a fat lazy westerner just waiting to get eaten by something. Although they seem to get a lot of tourists through their village, they didn’t see us as walking cash-boxes. They seemed more puzzled and quietly tolerant of us more then anything else, like you would a squirrel living in your back yard.




I kayaked the way back which was a cold experience, but a nice one, with quite river villages along the way and beautiful scenery. I kept on thinking to myself how lucky I am to be here, and not freezing in NY, cramming for finales…

When I got back into town, I took a very much required shower, followed by a very much deserved sauna and massage. Evening activities included dinner, consisting of fresh BBQ fish, for the low low price of $1.5 and Loa beer. All in all a lovely day J

I’m off to the more northern parts of Laos later today (22.12), and hope to post more picts when I can. From their, i will atempt to enter Vietnam from the north.... Hope all my faithfull readers are doing well, and enjoying your Hanukkah\X-mas festivities.

Fox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home