Friday, August 04, 2006

Summer Part III

So today I have officially been in Thailand for 1 whole week. While I have been busy, you too, my loyal readers have been busy checking out the blog. Over 100 hits, way to go!!

During my 1st weekend in BKK, I visited the Temples (emerald Buddha & reclining Buddha) near the old royal palace (wat phra kaew), which were beutiful. Every corner cried out for a picture; attached are a few samples but you can see the rest here.



I also went to the mass shopping malls of BKK. They are very much like Vegas, no windows, no concept of time, and one could very easily spend eternity there. I could swear I smelled sulfur coming from under the floors. For all you technophiles out there, beware - NBK is not the place for you. Like Odysseus, I had to be tied down not to give into the sweet sirens call, and almost bought a $600 phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home