Friday, August 04, 2006

Pai in the Sky


On Monday, I took a train to ChaingMai, and continued directly to the mountain village of Pai. I wish I had more pictures, but it was pouring rain the 1st day I was there, so no camera :(

I rented a motor bike, and took it around town. I was completely drenched, wearing only a bathing suite and a rain jacket. Riding the motor bike, wind blowing in my receding hair, rice patties to the left, cloud covered mountains to the right… absolutely AMAZING!!!




The following day I decided not to be lazy, and went on a rafting trip. Conclusion - when in doubt, go rafting!!! I say this despite having lost my watch while jumping off a 15m cliff. Well if you must loose something, that’s the way to go. Odd actually, since the previous watch, which this one had replaced, I lost in Alexandria. Seems to be a pattern here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home